Here is some information about things you might find useful to bring when staying on our wards. We’ll be able to help you with a lot of the essentials so don’t worry if you realise you forgot to bring something.
“It’s the unfaltering kindness of the staff, the feeling that you are being welcomed into a home from home and a family of supportive people, I am safe here.” – Carer feedback
What to bring when staying on our wards:
- All of your medicines – this is just to show our nurses and doctors, we will organise medication after you arrive
- Any toiletries you normally use including your favourite bubble bath, soap, talcum powder, body lotion, toothbrush, tissues, toothpaste, razor and hairbrush
- Comfortable day clothes and shoes – we encourage everyone to dress during the day if possible and our Nursing Team can help with this
- Sleepwear and slippers
- A dressing gown
- Photographs, flowers, a favourite cushion or anything else that will make your bed space feel more like home
- Any laptops, tablets or books that you might enjoy (we have free Wi-Fi).
We can provide you with:
- All medication (see our services page for more information)
- All meals. We’ll always do our best to make whatever you’d prefer, just let us know
- Bedding and quilts. If you’d like to bring your own, please chat with one of our nurses
- Laundry services
- Your own lockable bedside cupboard
- Wardrobe space for your clothes
- A TV for each bed
- Free Wi-Fi, audio books, and CD players
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks on our drinks trolley.