Where do I start? How to have an advance care planning discussion and use the ReSPECT form
Where: Connections Centre, St Catherine’s Hospice, Malthouse Road, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 6BH
Price: £70 or Free if you work within East Surrey (Surrey Heartlands CCG) (to include all course materials)
This half day face-to-face training is for all medical, senior nursing and allied health professionals who are new to anticipatory care planning and who will be completing and signing the ReSPECT forms or who are key to contributing to the ReSPECT process.
The learning objectives for this training are:
- Describe what anticipatory care planning is
- Demonstrate how to have a converstation
- An understanding of ReSPECT
- An understanding of how ReSPECT fits with other Advance Care Planning (ACP) documents
- An overview of the legal and ethical aspects of ReSPECT
- An overview of how to complete a ReSPECT form
- An overview of the ReSPECT process locally
- To understand the differences between version 2 and version 3 of ReSPECT
- To view clinical examples of ReSPECT in action
- A checklist for ReSPECT conversations.
This course will be held face to face at St Catherine’s Hospice in Crawley. Refreshments will be provided.
Please use the booking form to enrole onto this course. If you are entitled to a free place then select YES for the question Are you a St Catherine’s Hospice employee or volunteer.