We are delighted to offer this exciting opportunity for an experienced Systems Engineer to work with us on our innovative IT collaboration between St Catherine’s Hospice (Crawley) and St Wilfrid’s Hospice (Chichester).
We are seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to understand, support and develop the St Catherine’s and St Wilfrid’s IT environment, including applications, desktop, infrastructure, remote access and disaster recovery facilities, to maximise use and benefit to both hospices. The key areas of responsible will be: -
- to develop a good understanding of the operation and usage of all applications
- to increase knowledge of the underlying IT infrastructure and supporting software
- to provide efficient, professional, friendly and timely support to all IT users
- to develop strong relationships with key providers,
- to work closely with all departments to improve IT
- to work collaboratively within the IT team to optimise systems, solutions and support
- specifically, to develop proposals for how joint working across the two hospices may realise cost and quality improvements to their charitable objectives.
You will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience: -
- extensive experience working in commercial IT environments including MS Server AD, Exchange, O365.
- Detailed understanding of Group Policy
- Excellent understanding of IT/Cyber security
- 3+ experience of support and management of Hypervisors (preferably VMware)
- Good understanding of Citrix thin client environment and applications
- Excellent knowledge of system admin tools and techniques
- Good networking experience
- Good experience of backup / recovery tools and techniques
- Full driving license and access to car
- Confident and articulate communicator with experience of building and maintaining effective working relationships, including with external organisations
Employees at can enjoy a variety of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave, in addition to public holidays
- Pension scheme with an employer contribution of up to 9%
- Excellent commitment to learning and development including external training
- Confidential employee support programmes
- Free flu jabs
- Discounted gym membership
- Blue Light Card
If you have any questions or would like further information please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or for an application pack, please call the HR Department on 01293 447372 (answer phone), email email@example.com or download our application pack.
We are located in Malthouse Road, Crawley, West Sussex, which is within commuting distance from Brighton and London and just a 5-minute walk from Crawley railway station.
Post: IT Systems Engineer
Salary: £22,767.00 - £27,322.00 (Grade NN4), plus on-call supplement
Hours: 37.5 hours per week with participation in an “on-call” rota
Location This role will support the joint delivery of IT services with physical representation across both hospice sites (Crawley & Chichester).
Closing date: 7 December 2021
Interview date: To be agreed
|Location||Malthouse Road, Crawley, Crawley, United Kingdom|
|Job Type||Full-time Permanent|
|Salary||£22,767.00 - £27,322.00 (Grade NN4)|
|Description & Person Specification||
Download the Job Description here
|Job Application Pack||
Download the Application Form here
|Additional Information to Support Application||
Download our Employee Benefits here