We’re looking for someone with IT and digital expertise to help us work effectively during the coronavirus pandemic and beyond. With a large portion of our staff now working from home, as well as on our wards, in offices, and out in the community, collaborating and communicating are more challenging than ever. There’s technology available to help, but what’s best for us and how should we use it? We need someone to:
- Review our needs and make recommendation for technology based on our existing resources
- Produce a communications plan to get staff on board
- Create user guides and training sessions
- Coach and support staff to be effective
You’ll need patience and a positive outlook, and ideally be able to spare approximately 15 to 20 hours a week. You’ll get the satisfaction of knowing you’re supporting a local charity providing essential care to your community when they need it most.
- Mapping our systems capabilities.
- Identifying key actions to increase resilience of our systems.
- Establishing a communications plan to enable staff to make the most of our systems.
- Provide the materials to support the communications plan.
- Engage and coach staff in best practice working.
- Discuss any queries, problems or observations with your manager
- Adhere to our Volunteering Code of Conduct at all times
- Attend relevant meetings & undertake all training required
- Act as an ambassador for St Catherine's at all times
What you gain from this opportunity:
- Satisfaction of helping St Catherine's Hospice to support local people and their loved ones when it's needed most
- Full training and support throughout your role
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Chance to boost your CV, including a reference
- Supporting our expert team
- Long service and annual recognition awards
- An understanding of Hospice care and philosophy and the ability to contribute to it
What we're looking for:
- Minimum age of 18
- Good communication skills, being sociable, cheerful and courteous in all you do
- An emphatic approach
- Being able to demonstrate strong emotional resilience
- A methodical approach, with good attention to detail
- Ability to support as part of a team
- Able to give 15-20 hours per week
- Minimum 1 month commitment
You will need to undertake our hospice induction training programme before starting and attend biannual refresher training as part of our volunteering safety requirements. You will also be able to access additional training courses to support you in this role.
Want more information?
If you have any questions, please contact our Volunteering Team on 01293 447351 or email email@example.com
|DBS Check Required?||Yes|