Role: Wellbeing Services Manager
Salary: £35,076.00 - £39,542.00 per annum (NN6A-C)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week with occasional out of hours working (part time hours considered)
Closing date: 18 October 2019
Interview date: week commencing 04 November 2019
St Catherine’s Hospice is a local charity with a big ambition: to help everyone face death informed, supported and pain free. Providing expert hospice care, we’re there for people in West Sussex and East Surrey when life comes full circle.
We are seeking a Wellbeing Services Manager to join our Wellbeing Services Team, based in Crawley, West Sussex.
This role demands expertise and experience in operational management.
You will be part of a multi professional team collectively responsible for planning and delivering responsive, compassionate and effective wellbeing support to the patients and families referred to St Catherine's Hospice. This will include group and one-to-one interventions across inpatient, day services and community settings.
You’ll work collaboratively with the inpatient and community teams to ensure the wellbeing directorate supports these teams effectively.
You’ll manage the wellbeing administrative team (staff and volunteers) and contribute to a positive working environment with an emphasis on team work and co-operation. You will take responsibility for creating and maintaining a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring high quality standards are maintained.
The successful candidate will have
- A good standard of education, minimum grade C GCSE English & Maths or equivalent
- Experience managing across multi-disciplinary teams
- Evidence of having worked in a role that includes direct people management
- Competent IT skills with knowledge of Windows based applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Evidence of contributing to policy making and standard setting
- Awareness of health and safety procedures and how they affect people in the workplace
- Understanding of loss and grief and its impact on individuals and families and their social networks
- Working knowledge of relevant statutory and voluntary agencies
- Organisational and administrative skills, including ability to plan workload of self and others
- Experience and ability to implement change
- Demonstrable diplomacy and delegation skills
- A valid UK driving license and access to own transport
Employees at St Catherine’s Hospice can enjoy a variety of benefits including:
- 27 days annual leave, in addition to public holidays
- Pension scheme with an employer contribution of up to 9% (NHS pension scheme is transferable)
- Excellent commitment to learning and development including external training
- Confidential employee support programmes
- Free flu jabs
- Discounted gym membership
- Blue Light Card
We are located in Malthouse Road, Crawley, West Sussex, which is within commuting distance from Brighton and London and just a 5 minute walk from Crawley railway station.
For an application pack, please call the HR Department on 01293 447372 (answer phone), email email@example.com or download our application pack.
|Location||Crawley, United Kingdom|
|Salary||£35,076.00 - £39,542.00 per annum|
|DBS Check Required?||Yes|
|Description & Person Specification|| Download Wellbeing Services Manager Role Descripton and Person Specification |
|Job Application Pack|| Download Application form |
|Additional Information to Support Application|| Download Employee Benefits |