Trek the Great Wall of China with St Catherine's Hospice for an experience that few trips could ever compare to.
The Great Wall of China has stood for over 2,000 years and stretches more than 2,700 miles across a beautiful and varied country. Join our team to hike two of the more remote and untouched parts of the wall; Simatai and Gubeikou. Wonder at the world famous, towering defences, and clamber over "the wild wall" - crumbling and uneven after years of standing tall against the wilderness. This is a true challenge and by taking it on you'll be helping fund care and support for people with a terminal illness across Sussex and Surrey. Support our China Challengers by sponsoring us here.
This expedition includes fundraising support, training and meetups before the trip, as well as transport and accommodation, food, English speaking guides, and a support team.
- A life changing experience alongside one of the seven wonders of the world
- Explore the real China - experience the lifestyle of Chinese people and eat delicious local food
- A unique challenge - this is a difficult and rewarding trek, you'll see the Great Wall in a way that not many can
- Training expeditions and one to one fundraising guidance as part of Team STCH
- Full support in-country - guides, cooks, drivers, and representatives from Different Travel (the tour operator) and St Catherine's Hospice
- Take on a real challenge and help fund care for terminally ill people in Sussex and Surrey, as well as those close to them. Nine day overseas fundraising trip Prices (can be paid in instalments) £330 registration fee (non-refundable) £3,300 minimum sponsorship
St Catherine’s Hospice is acting as agent for The Different Travel Company 6706. The flight-inclusive holiday on this page is financially protected by the ATOL scheme. When you pay you will be supplied with an ATOL Certificate. Please ask for it and check to ensure that everything you booked (flights, hotels and other services) is listed on it. Please see our booking conditions for further information or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.