We aspire to a world where everyone can face death informed, supported and pain free.
To do that we rely on the help of our local community. Here’s just some of what we accomplished together, and the impact we made, in 2019-20.
- Last year we cared for more than 2,500 people
- We raised more than £11m to keep the hospice running, whilst also being supported by NHS funds
- 40% of people we cared for had a diagnosis other than cancer
- Around 1,900 counselling sessions were provided to patients and their families
- Around 12,000 home visits were made to patients
- Around 200 patients were given support by our Practical Care Team to allow them to stay at home
- Our shop volunteers provided approximately 27,000 hours support sorting and selling donated goods
- Our volunteer car drivers drove 32,500 miles bringing patients to and from the hospice
What our patients and their friends, family and carers say:
“The service was outstanding and I felt that someone was always at the end of the phone if I needed them”.
“The staff are incredible and caring and have made us all feel loved. It is a place I would recommend to everyone I know. Thank you”.
“My care has been absolutely fantastic. Everything has been wonderful and I feel very lucky to have been under your care”.
“The kindness, compassion and understanding I have received from all the staff; I can think of no one thing which could have improved my experience”.
For more reviews, go to our Reviews and Feedback page.
Our Annual Accounts
Please take a look at our annual review and accounts, which highlight our achievements over the past year.