We aspire to a world where everyone can face death informed, supported and pain free.
To do that we rely on the help of our local community. Here’s just some of what we accomplished together, and the impact we made, in 2015-16.
- Last year we cared for around 1,200 people at the very end of life
- We raised more than £7.5m to keep the hospice running, whilst also being supported by NHS funds
- 30% of people we cared for had a diagnosis other than cancer
- Our clinical experts made 58,883 telephone calls to patients or their carers
- Our expert teams made more than 10,000 visits to people in the comfort of their own homes
- 388 people stayed on our Inpatient Unit, some more than once
- We held seven weddings and 26 birthday parties at the hospice for patients and their families
- Volunteers provided 1,740 emotional care sessions to patients and family members
- More than 32,000 sales were processed in our Sussex and Surrey charity shops
What our patients and their friends, family and carers say:
“The service was outstanding and I felt that someone was always at the end of the phone if I needed them”.
“The staff are incredible and caring and have made us all feel loved. It is a place I would recommend to everyone I know. Thank you”.
“My care has been absolutely fantastic. Everything has been wonderful and I feel very lucky to have been under your care”.
“The kindness, compassion and understanding I have received from all the staff; I can think of no one thing which could have improved my experience”.
For more reviews, go to our Reviews and Feedback page.