We aspire to a world where everyone can face death informed, supported and pain free.
To do that we rely on the help of our local community. Here’s just some of what we accomplished together, and the impact we made, in 2017-18.
- Last year we cared for more than 2,100 people at the very end of life
- We raised more than £10.2m to keep the hospice running, whilst also being supported by NHS funds
- 30% of people we cared for had a diagnosis other than cancer
- Around 4,300 appointments with patients and carers were held at the hospice
- More than 500 people were seen by our Lymphoedema Service
- Around 25,000 hot or alcoholic drinks were served by volunteers from our drinks trolley
- Around 700 patients and family members were provided with welfare advice
- 67 people left a gift in their will to St Catherine’s. This helps us provide care to one in four people
- We made 2,600 furniture collections across our community
- Our volunteer car drivers spent 936 hours bringing patients to and from the hospice
What our patients and their friends, family and carers say:
“The service was outstanding and I felt that someone was always at the end of the phone if I needed them”.
“The staff are incredible and caring and have made us all feel loved. It is a place I would recommend to everyone I know. Thank you”.
“My care has been absolutely fantastic. Everything has been wonderful and I feel very lucky to have been under your care”.
“The kindness, compassion and understanding I have received from all the staff; I can think of no one thing which could have improved my experience”.
For more reviews, go to our Reviews and Feedback page.
Our Annual Reviews
Please take a look at our annual review and accounts, which highlight our achievements over the past year.