Supporting a patient with a life limiting illness.
From helping people to make informed choices about their care to supporting best practice in care quality, our team of experts can help you support a patient with a life limiting illness.
Contact our Clinical Team on email@example.com or 01293 447333 with any questions. Alternatively, download some of the useful standards and clinical guidelines below.
Planning future care
Encouraging a person to record how they want to be cared for in the final months of their life will help them to feel more in control and get the care they want. Download our template ‘Advance Care Plan’ here or see the NHS choices website for more information.
Gold Standards Framework
The Gold Standards Framework offers training and guidance to help you provide outstanding care to patients facing the end of their life. And if you’re planning to set up a Gold Standard Framework at your practice in Surrey or Sussex, our St Catherine’s nursing and medical teams can help.
End of Life Care Strategy
Published in 2008, the End of Life Care Strategy provides a framework for health and social care services and sets out recommendations based on feedback from clinicians and palliative care experts.
Other useful guidelines and key documents
- Palliative care Adult Network Guidelines
- NEEMMC Guidelines for Tablet Crushing and Administration via Enteral Feeding Tubes
- New oral and subcutaneous dexamethasone conversion guidance – information for healthcare professionals
- Leadership Alliance for the Care of Dying People One Chance to Get it Right (2014)
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence End of life care for adults (2011)
- National Palliative and End of Life Care Partnership Ambitions for Palliative and End of Life Care: A national framework for local action 2015-2020 (2015)