PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY NOTICE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING OUR WEBSITE
St Catherine’s Hospice Limited (STCH or We) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. You can visit our website freely without having to register or subscribe for services.
WHAT’S IN THIS PRIVACY NOTICE?
This privacy notice (together with our terms & conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. By accessing our website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this privacy notice.
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
- Who we are
• What personal information will we collect from/about you?
• What will we do with your personal information?
• Who will we disclose your personal information to?
• Where will we store your personal information?
• What about children?
• Your rights
• What cookies does our website use?
• Links to other websites
• Changes to this privacy notice
• Contacting us and complaints
If you are receiving care or support from us please see our Privacy and your information guide
WHO WE ARE
STCH is a local charity in West Sussex and East Surrey that provides hospice care. Further information about us can be found on our About Us page. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is St Catherine’s Hospice Ltd, Malthouse Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 6BH.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL WE COLLECT FROM/ABOUT YOU?
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. For example, it can include information such as your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, email address, and credit/debit card details, as well as information relating to your health or personal circumstances.
- Information you give us: You may give us information about you when you:
- register with us or set up an online account;
• make a donation or fundraise on our behalf;
• register for an event or book a course;
• order products or services from us;
• make an enquiry about our activities, services or products;
• seek assistance from us (eg by contacting our support specialists);
• request publications, newsletters or other information from us;
- take part in a research project involving St Catherine’s
• volunteer with us or apply for a job (including sending us your CV);
• report a problem with our website; or
• otherwise give us personal information (eg sensitive information such as your physical or mental health or condition)
You may give us this information when you correspond with us by our website, phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- Information we receive from other sources: We may also obtain personal information about you from other sources, such as if a family member, a friend or your GP contacts us on your behalf, or if a fundraiser passes on your details to us. We may also combine your personal information with other information we collect from third parties (eg for fundraising purposes). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
- Information we collect about you: With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to facilitate your connection to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); services and/or products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
WHAT WILL WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Information you give to us: We will use this information to:
- give you the information, support, services, or products you request from us;
• claim Gift Aid on your donations;
• carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
• gain an understanding of your situation so that we can off you the best possible personalised services;
• provide you with information about other services and products we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
• help our internal administration (eg accounting and records) and to inform you about changes to our services, products or policies;
• send you information and communications about what we do and how we can help you, and you can help us (eg our campaigns, volunteering and fundraising);
• notify you about changes to our services or products;
• look into, and respond to, complaints, legal matters or any other issues;
• ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we receive from other sources: We may combine your information with other information (for example, from public records or on social media) and create a profile of your interests and preferences. We do this to help us determine whether and in what ways you might be interested in helping us or getting involved in our activities.
- Information we collect about you: We will use this information to:
- maintain our website and for internal operations (eg troubleshooting, data analysis, research, statistical and survey purposes);
• improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• keep our website safe and secure;
• measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
• make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about services or products that may interest you or them.
When you visit our website we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of our website. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personal information through our website, this privacy notice will detail this.
As stated in Your Rights below, you have a right to ask us not to use your information in this way. However, we may need certain information to enable us to provide you with the services and/or information you ask for, so changes you make to your preferences or restrictions you ask us to make on how we use your personal information may affect what services and information we can provide.
WHO WILL WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase.
We will share your personal information with our employees but their use shall be limited to the performance of their duties and in line with the reason for processing. We may also share your information with third parties in the following instances:
- to provide services, products and/or information requested by you (eg this would include third parties who fundraise on our behalf or administer our lotteries and raffles);
• for the purposes of events or courses that you have registered to attend;
• for the purposes of fraud and credit risk reduction;
• where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the terms of a legal agreement; or to protect STCH’s rights or property;
• to analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website;
• if they need to fix software bugs or develop new features for our internal systems; and
• if we carry out marketing or client care surveys to gain feedback and improve our services and products; and
Please note that we do not control the privacy or security practices of these third parties.
WHERE WILL WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The personal information that we collect from or about you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA) (eg fundraising events that are outside the EEA, or in order to process credit/debit card transactions, the bank or card processing agency may require verification of your personal details for authorisation outside the EEA). By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a username and/or password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping your username and password confidential. Please don’t share your username or password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION A?
We will store your data for the periods of time required by law and as set out in our records management policy, a copy of which is available on request.
WHAT ABOUT CHILDREN?
If you are aged 16 or under, you must get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us.
You have the right to access personal information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of your personal information, believe that any personal information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, or have any other data protection related issues or queries, please contact us. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can update your preferences by writing to us, calling and speaking to one of our Supporter Services team on 01293 447360 or by emailing email@example.com.. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your personal information) if we intend to use your personal information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal information. You are also free to exercise this right at any time by contacting us.
Please note that we may need certain information to enable us to provide you with the services and/or information you ask for, so changes you make to your preferences or restrictions you ask us to make on how we use your personal information may affect what services and information we can provide.
You have a right to seek compensation from us for any damages caused by us breaching the Act.
WHAT COOKIES DOES OUR WEBSITE USE?
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
• Google Display Network Impression Reporting
• Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
• Integrated services that require Google Analytics to collect data via advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers
• Conversion tracking with facebook advertising
• Remarketing with facebook advertising
• Conversion tracking with Twitter advertising
• Remarketing with Twitter advertising
• Conversion tracking with LinkedIn advertising
• Remarketing with LinkedIn advertising
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy and cookie policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice was last updated in May 2018. Any changes we may make to this privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes.
CONTACTING US AND COMPLAINTS
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or St Catherine’s Hospice, Malthouse Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 6BH. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you believe we have not handled your request in an appropriate manner. For information on contacting the ICO please see their website