Verification of Expected Adult Death
This training is suitable for registered nurses working in any setting.
- What is an expected death
- The legal process and your responsibilities
- The difference between verification and certification of death
- Deaths that require a coroner’s investigation
- The practical skills required to verify an expected death
- Care after death.
Please be aware that this session underpins the theory and principles of verification of expected death (Adult). It does not assess attendees as competent in verification of expected death. Assessment of competencies should be arranged through your employer, taking account of your own local policy and protocols. A booklet will be provided to assist with achieving the required competency.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.