Volunteer Café & Community Hub Assistant
We are looking for volunteers to help in our busy cafe at the weekends. Saturdays or Sundays - 09:00-11:00 or 11:00-14:00
Our Café & Community Hub provides a great space for those within our community to use either in the café area or within the meeting rooms.
You'll be serving our supporters, operating the till, keeping the Café & Community Hub clean and tidy, fulfilling supporters’ orders and assisting with some basic food preparations.
Your personality will shine, and you will be a part of an outstanding team, creating a welcoming environment for our supporters.
The Café & Community Hub provides a key part of fundraising activities by contributing to the overall income of the Hospice, so you'll know you're making a direct difference to the care we can provide.
- Taking orders, including cash and card payments through our electronic till system EPOS.
- Assisting with food and drink orders and food delivery to our supporters.
- Clearing plates and keeping the café area clean and tidy.
- Ensuring the kitchen area is kept clean and tidy, including operating the dishwasher.
- Support with setting up meeting rooms and supporting at key events.
- Confident to be able to upsell the meeting space in conjunction to the café.
- Helping to raise the profile of St Catherine's Hospice by talking to supporters.
- Being aware of any visiting patients or families and any additional support they might need.
- Following infection prevention guidelines, including nails, jewellery, hair and clothing.
What you gain from this opportunity:
- Satisfaction of helping St Catherine's Hospice to support local people and their loved ones when it's needed most
- Full training and support throughout your role
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Chance to boost your CV, including a reference
- Volunteer as part of our expert team and enjoying regular social opportunities. Long service and annual recognition awards
- An understanding of Hospice care and philosophy and the ability to contribute to it.
What we're looking for:
- Minimum age of 16 (parent/guardian consent and a child employment permit may be required).
- Good communication skills, being sociable, cheerful and courteous in all you do.
- A caring approach while being able to demonstrate strong emotional resilience.
- Good level of fitness and mobility - moving equipment, operating the dishwasher and extended time on your feet are all core parts of this role.
- Commitment to continuous development, including regular training.
- Ability to volunteer as part of a team.
- Preferable able to give one day a week, but alternative ad hoc availability could be considered.
If you would like to find out more about the role our Volunteering Team can be contacted on 01293 email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!
Alternatively, if it’s easier, please use the form below to get the application posted or emailed to you.
If you have any questions, please let us know – we’re on 01293 447351 or firstname.lastname@example.org.