We only exist because of the amazing support of people like you.
We want you to know that we really value your support, whether you’ve:
- Fundraised on our behalf
- Supported our campaigns
- Bought items in our shops, or
- Left us a gift in your will
We are committed to treating you with respect and openness, so this is our promise to you.
We will be clear, honest, and open:
- We will be clear about who we are and what we do.
- We will tell the truth and we will not exaggerate.
- Your donation will be used responsibly, and we will explain our fundraising costs.
- We will give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and change a regular donation.
- Sometimes we work with external suppliers simply because our team isn’t big enough. Where we ask a third party to act on our behalf, we will make this relationship and the financial arrangement transparent.
We will be respectful:
- We will respect your rights and privacy.
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift. If you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
- We have a procedure in place for supporting people in vulnerable circumstances. **
Our communications with you:
- We hope you’ll want to hear more about our work. We’ll always be clear about how we’ll communicate with you.
- If you tell us you’d rather not be contacted, or you’d rather we didn’t contact you in a certain way, we’ll act on your wishes.
- You can change your mind about what you receive from us at any time.
We will be fair and reasonable:
- We will treat you fairly, showing sensitivity and adapting our approach depending on your needs.
- We will take care not to use any images or words that intentionally cause distress or anxiety.
- We will take care not to cause nuisance or disruption.
We will be accountable and responsible:
- We will manage our resources responsibly and consider the impact of our fundraising on the community and the environment.
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint. We will listen to your feedback and respond appropriately to feedback we receive.
- We have a complaints procedure, a copy of which is available on our website or on request.
- Our complaints procedure will let you know how to contact the Fundraising Regulator if you feel our response is unsatisfactory.
- We will monitor and record the number of complaints we receive each year and share this data with the Fundraising Regulator on request.