Meeting our new neighbours
An important part of the new build work has been to start building good relationships with our new neighbours at Pease Pottage.
We have been working with Barnes to ensure that not just the build progresses, but also the local community has the opportunity to find out more about St. Catherine’s and our mission and values.
As well as talking to the inquisitive dog walkers and passers-by during these last few months, we have also been engaged in a number of activities, including:
- Making a presentation about the hospice and our plans for the café at an open residents event
- Welcoming a number of residents to a coffee morning where they were able have a look behind the fences and see what has been going on
- Barnes holding an assembly at the new Woodgate Primary school to talk about what is involved in building our new home.
- Publishing regular newsletters in conjunction with the site team and distributing them to the ever-growing number of residents on the new estate.
- Establishing a community notice board, conveniently located by the bus stop, highlighting progress, environmental performance and some of the key events we’ve been undertaking.
We look forward to continuing getting to know our new neighbours in 2023 and if anyone want to get in touch about the new hospice, just drop us a line at email@example.com